What`s the foundation of a website? Why do you think finding a web host at start is important? Server downtime can damage or even ruin your business. Therefore if you are serious about your website, you need to find a reliable web host.
1. Complete Research
Insert a stupid query and see what comes out. If you care to search, you will be surprised to see how many people are not satisfied with their web hosts. Below are some pointers for you, so keep your eyes peeled!
- Complaints are common. It`s easy for someone to rant rather than appreciate. In easy words, even if a web host company is doing its job or doesn`t. It will get bad reviews because that`s what people do.
- Huge counts: Big brands disappoint customer more than smaller ones because they have lots of them. Although this might be the smallest guest of their overall customer base!
- The Subjective Verdicts: statement made on personal blogs can be subjective or influenced. Any refutation here can be deleted by the side admin only because of one side opinion. So watch your mouth!
2. Have your own Back-up
This may sound off the track but you can`t just trust and rely on your web host to backup your files! As the host needs to perform backups on regular basis, not having your own backups can be a bad call.
3. The Ultimate Storage
A great offer but far from truth! Some web hosts want their customers to think this way but there is nothing such as “Unlimited Storage”. Did you ever come across with TOS of your web host? If people scan it and pay attention, somewhere in a section of CPU\Server usage history it mentions the total sum of your website`s total storage limit. This Violates the TOS and can be subjected to termination. However it is important for every hosting service to forbid the improper usage of their servers in their terms and conditions.
4. Separate Domain and Hosting
It might surprise you but it’s not important to register your domain name with the same company. Don’t take me wrong, I am not saying that your Web host is not trustworthy but it’s something you should keep in mind. Finding the right and trustworthy domain registrar is important from the start. As Domain name is the Identity of your online presence. It’s the most valuable and irreplaceable asses as web host is here only to accommodate our websites.
5. Use PayPal or One Time Credit Card
In online transactions, always use your PayPal. If you are not an American then PayPal is the only Dollar you have. This may sound impractical but you need to ask your local bank for conversion slowly. On the other hand, if you have no options than using your credit card. You need to make sure that the company is well reputed because you don`t want any unpleasant ride, Right?